Global Industrial X-ray Inspection Equipment and Imaging Software Market Overview
The Global Industrial X-ray Inspection Equipment and Imaging Software Market is expected to witness a CAGR of 6.25% during the forecast period (2019-2024). A surge in demand from the aerospace and automotive sectors, largely due to conformance of high industry standards, safety regulations, mandating testing, and preventive maintenance, is boosting the adoption of equipment and imaging solutions.
– A major evolution in the market over the past five years has been with respect to the integration of advanced computing and imaging capacities for advanced manipulation systems and automatic defect recognition software. These features have been incorporated through the use of graphics processing units (GPU) and high-performance computing techniques.
– However, the intense competition from ultrasonic systems, high risk of radiation, lack of skilled personnel, especially in digital radiography, and relative high deployment costs are expected to hinder the growth of the market.
– The oil and gas industry remains one of the most prominent industries in the market and is expected to retain its position over the forecast period. Asset protection of aging infrastructure, in contrast to new investments in equipment, due to the plummeting crude oil prices, is driving the radiography market in the oil and gas industry.
– Owing to this, companies, such as Vidisco are expanding their product offering for the oil industry mostly in the downstream sector. However, the upstream sector as well radiography technology delivers highly efficient solutions to inspection needs for pressure vessels (pipes, boilers, valves) according to international standard ASME.
– Therefore, companies are now increasingly focusing on reducing radiation-related risks, and preferring portability solutions, which help industries to revamp their product portfolio.
Scope of the Global Industrial X-ray Inspection Equipment and Imaging Software Market Report
Industrial x-ray is a method of non-destructive testing where many types of manufactured components can be examined to verify the internal structure and integrity of the specimen.
Access the PDF sample of the report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/3586106
Key Market Trends
Aerospace Accounts for a Significant Share in the Market.
– Depending on the type and the manufacturing process of the component being tested, and size and engineering requirements, primarily four radiography methods i.e., film, computed, direct, and real-time are used in the aerospace sector. X-ray inspection applications include the detection of internal defects in thick and complex shapes, and in metallic and non-metallic shapes, and the quality of critical aerospace components, structures, and assemblies.
– The increasing emphasis on safety standards, decreasing service intervals, low emission targets, and the advent of new materials and process are the major factors driving the radiography market in the aerospace segment.
– Conventional x-ray inspection systems are being increasingly replaced with digital systems in aerospace and the latter is expected to completely overshadow the market, except for some critical high-resolution imaging applications.
– This shift has also been fuelled by the advent of common binding standard for the common accreditation, in accordance with the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP).
– While the United States and Asia-Pacific have the largest demand for x-ray inspection in the aerospace sector, the increasing usage of aircrafts in the North African and Middle East (NEMA) region is also driving the use of x-ray equipment and imaging solutions.
North America has the Largest Share in the Market
– The major driver for the equipment and imaging software market in the North American region is the regulations and standards mandated by the associations. For instance- regulations set by agencies, like the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program (NADCAP), CGSB, etc., are mandating testing as an integral part of the manufacturing and construction projects.
– Furthermore, the Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) technical committee adopted the latest version of the ISO 9712 standard. This addresses the issues of the lack of skilled inspectors, as they can now receive their certification in two years rather than five.
– As the United States is one of the early adopters of manufacturing automation, the use of automated solutions in certain areas of testing is expected to address the issue of the lack of skilled personnel, by releasing workers from hard and dangerous, repetitive and monotonous work.
The industrial x-ray inspection equipment and imaging software market is moderately concentrated and is moving toward becoming a fragmented market, due to the decreasing initial investments required for manufacturing and reverse engineering. Some of the key players in the market include Northstar, YXLON, and General Electric.
Some recent key developments in the market are:
– February 2019 – North Star Imaging Inc. to address the demand in the east coast-Boston area opened a facility for additional digital X-ray and computed tomography.
– November 2018 – YXLON introduced YXLON FF35 CT computed tomography system, which is intended to attain extremely precise inspection results for a wide range of applications.
Reasons to Purchase this report:
– The market estimate (ME) sheet in Excel format
– Report customization as per the client’s requirements
– 3 months of analyst support
Direct purchase the report @ https://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase-single-user/3586106
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Senior Manager – Client Engagements
4144N Central Expressway,
Suite 600, Dallas,
Texas – 75204, U.S.A.
Phone No.: +1 (972)-362-8199; +91 895 659 5155